Welcome to Who? What? Where? When? Why? on the World Wide Web. Your comments, criticism and suggestions: editors#8w.forix.com (replace # with @).
8W is forix.autosport.com's motorsport history section and covers the drivers, cars, circuits, eras and technology that shaped the face, sounds and smells of motor racing.
The inventions that made cars fly - or failed in their attempt to do so
The rear-engined revolution
- Horses pushing the cart, by Mattijs Diepraam
- Swoosh and screech! The rise and fall of turbines and CVTs in motor racing, by Mattijs Diepraam
- Brabham BT46B - Ground Effect and the Fan Car, by Darren Galpin
- Cosworth DFV - Customer power, the Cosworth DFV story, by Darren Galpin
- Engine failures - The worst engines of the 3.5-litre era, by Rainer Nyberg
- Four-wheel drive - The Cosworth F1 car and the history of four-wheel-drive in racing, by Mattijs Diepraam
- Six-wheelers - Overtaken by history, the quick rise and fall of six-wheeled cars in Grand Prix racing, by Mattijs Diepraam
- Rudolf Uhlenhaut - The Mercedes-Benz tech brain, by Leif Snellman